On 10th July 2013, Director of MakroNorm, Danis Ademoglu gave a presentation on the comparison of PRINCE2 and PMBOK. The presentation was titled 'What is a book of knowledge and what is a methodology? How do PRINCE2 and PMBOK complement each other?'. The meeting was organized in ARI Teknokent, in Istanbul, in collaboration with Istanbul Technical University (ITÜ) ARI Teknokent and İstanbul Proje Yönetim Derneği (Istanbul Project Management Association) was attended by many interested project managers and to be project managers.
The main topics of the presentation were as follows:
- What is a Body of Knowledge and what is a methodology in project management?
- General perceptions and misunderstandings
- Short histories PMI and PRINCE2
- An overview of PMI Body of Knowledge
- An overview of the PRINCE2 Methodology
- How do the knowledge of PMBOK and PRINCE2 compare
- PMP and PRINCE2 Accreditations
- PMP and PRINCE2 Certifications
- How PRINCE2 and PMBOK complement each other.