The objective of the foundation qualification is to determine whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to interact effectively with those involved in the management of a programme or act as an informed member of a programme office, business change team or project delivery team working within an environment supporting MSP.
The foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the practitioner qualification.
Ths course is designed for:
- Members of a programme office,
- business change team members,
- project delivery team members,
- anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP and those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers, business change managers (BCMs) and senior responsible owners (SROs).
During the course, delegates will gain an understanding of the following topics:
- Programme Management Context
- Programme Management Principles
- Transformational Flow
- Identifying a Programme
- Blueprint Design & Delivery
- Defining a Programme
- Benefits Management
- The Business Case
- Planning & Control
- Leadership & Stakeholder Engagement
- Risk and Issue Management
- Quality & Assurance Management
- Managing the Tranches
- Delivering the Capability
- Realising the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
Aditionally, delegates will learn the key principles and terminology within the MSP guidance. Specifically, they will gain the ability to:
- Distinguish between projects and programmes
- Identify the MSP defined types of programme and their characteristics
- Explain the benefits of applying the MSP guidance to the management of a programme of transformational change
- Explain the purpose and areas of focus of the defined roles
- Explain the purpose of the seven MSP principles, the nine governance themes and the six transformational flow processes
- Explain the purpose of MSP programme information (documents).