The objective of the practitioner qualification is to determine whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the MSP guidance to apply the guidance to their own work and, hence, act as an informed member of a programme management team; that is, someone responsible for managing, leading, supporting or advising on work within an MSP environment.
The course is designed for:
- Project managers,
- BCMs (Business Change Managers) ,
- Experts and advisers working within a programme office
- Other specialist/governance roles involved in supporting programmes following the MSP guidance together with those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers).
During the course, in additition to gaining detailed understanding of the Foundation competencies, they will learn how to apply the MSP guidance in a relatively uncomplicated programme within a programme environment.
Specifically, the candidates will gain the ability to:
- Identify additional value as a result of managing the described change as an MSP programme
- Explain and apply each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow processes and their activities
- Explain the relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes, the transformational flow, programme information (documents) and the MSP defined programme management roles
- Produce and evaluate examples of MSP programme information (documents).