P3O, Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices, is a guide and a model that ensures consistent delivery of programmes and projects across an organization. It was developed by the UK Government using the principles of PRINCE2 through the establishment of a project governed by a Project Board.
The P3O guide provide principles, process and techniques to successfully establish, develop and maintain and in some cases re-energize support structures. A P3O helps to:
- The organisations to do the right changes right,
- Maintain bıg picture understanding of business change,
- Inform senior management to help decision-making on strategic alignments, prioritization, risk management, and deployment of resources across the organization to successfully deliver their business objectives
- Identify and realize outcomes and benefits via programmes and projects
- Deliver programmes and projects within time, cost, quality and other constraints.
The P3O model can take many forms, from a single physical office to a virtual office made up of a permanent Portfolio Office supported by permanent hubs or temporary Programme/Project Offices. You may already know of these offices as a Support Office, Portfolio Office, Centre of Excellence, Enterprise or Corporate Programme Office, Programme Management Office, Project Office, etc.
MakroNorm offers training in both Foundation and Practitioner levels of P3O as well as consultancy to help you to develop or re-energize your project office using this "best management practice".