This training program is designed on the basis of PMI’s (Project Management Institute) PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge) and covers what a project manager has to know to run a successful project.
Project Management Concepts and Definitions
- What are the project, project management and program management?
- Project organizational structures and roles
- Project management life cycle and knowledge areas
Initiating a Project
- Defining the strategic corporate objectives in the project scope
- Appointment of the project manager and the project management team
- Preparation business plan and project objectives
- Identification of project stakeholders
Planning a Project
- Creation of a project management plan
- Requirements gathering and creation of a scope plan
- Importance of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and definitions
- Creation of a project schedule
- Creation of a cost of the plan and project budget
- Critical Path Method (CPM), how to shorten the duration of the project, resource leveling
- Risk management processes and risk planning
- Resource planning, organizational responsibility matrix
- Quality planning
- Procurement planning
Execution a Project
- Implementation of the project plan
- Quality assurance
- Contact management
- Distribution of information
- How to build, develop and manage a team
- Contract management
Monitoring and Control
- Definitions of monitoring and control in project management;
- Project reporting: issue and change control reports and other monitoring and control reports
- Scope change control
- Schedule plan control
- Cost control, earned value analysis - definitions
- Quality control
- Risk monitoring and control
- Administrative closure
- Closing purchasing contracts
- Evaluation of project
Training is is based on PMBOK 2013 Fifth Edition and enhanced with group work, case studies and project planning examples on Microsoft Project.
Who should take the course?
- Project Managers
- Those who want to develop their careers in field of project management
- Senior managers who are assigned to project roles
- Those who wish to take the PMP certification exam
- The people who have project office or project assurance roles,
- Program Managers
- The project team managers, team members and support staff.
- Any type of project stakeholders
Our trainers are experienced project managers who have carried out many real life projects, who are experienced in PMI and other project standards and methodologies.
Training can be given in English or Turkish.
Training normally takes 3 days. Duration of the training is 2 days when taken with PMP exam prep training.