The PRINCE2 Foundation training and examination aims to measure weather a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with a project management team the PRINCE2 methodology working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
What will you learn?
- The structure and key terminology of the PRINCE2 method.
- The benefits of adopting PRINCE2 to a project
- The main purpose and key contents of all PRINCE2 roles and management products
- The purpose of the seven principles, the seven themes.
- The purpose, objectives and context of the seven PRINCE2 processes.
- The relationships between processes, deliverables, roles and the management aspects of a project.
The PRINCE2 Foundation qualification is mainly aimed at project managers and Individuals newly-appointed to project roles or those wishing to gain formal qualifications.
It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners),
- Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers),
- Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts),
- Project Support Office (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel)
- Operational line managers/staff
- Project management consultants
- Candidates who want to obtain a Practitioner qualification
During the course, the following topics will be presented.
- Introduction to PRINCE2 method
- Themes & Processes
- Principles & Concepts
- Business Case
- Starting up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Getting Work Done
- Monitoring & Reporting
- Issues & Escalation
- Closing a Project
- Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2'
- Pre-course Workbook
Foundation exam format
- 75 Multiple-choice questions (5 trial questions not marked)
- One hour duration
- 35 correct answers are required to pass (50%)
The cost of the course includes the following:
- Official PRINCE2 manual 'Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2'
- Pre-course study guide
- Joining instructions and
- Printed course documents
- Examination fee
Training duration and language
The PRINCE2 Foundation training takes three full days (typically 9:30 – 17:00). The training can be given in English or Turkish. All accredited training documents are presented in English.